Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The countertop...

I just got a call from the countertop people this morning. They are going to be at the house to measure everything out Friday morning.

Then I asked the dreaded question - "once you take the measurements, how long will it take to get the countertop".

Now, keep in mind that this is a complete custom top that will be all one piece with no seams in the top, the sink, the backsplash, nowhere - all one piece. And I realize that you can't just whip it out in a day - and that we are not the only customer they have right now.

So - the answer to the question is 2 weeks. 2 weeks where the plumber can't finish. 2 weeks where the electrician can't finish. 2 weeks where Dennis can't tile the backsplash.

So, I've already been making plans. I've got some scrap sheets of plywood in the garage along with the old sink. I think I'm going to temporarily hook up the old sink and have some plywood countertops for a couple of weeks. At least the kitchen will be usable that way!

And one last note - I know I've talked to some of you, but most of you aren't aware that I'm also having some work done outside by the camper. The electrician is going to run a 30 amp service so we can run the AC (just in case we need the extra sleeping room for visitors!) and the plumber is going to put in a sewer cleanout. I made a deal with the plumber when he was here that I would dig the hole and he could just drop by and put in the cleanout (which would only take him about 15 minutes if the hole was dug) the next time he was in the area. So the weather was nice yesterday and I got out the shovel. About 2 feet down, I found the pipe and started clearing it out. To my surprise, I found a cleanout! Why it was 2 feet below ground I guess I'll never know. Just like I'll never know why there was a spark plug wire, one glove, a t-shirt, and a couple of other things I couldn't identify - all discovered while digging the small 2 foot by 2 foot hole. But now I don't have to pay the plumber to cut in the cleanout - even I can put in a 4 inch threaded coupler and raise it up to ground level!

I'll keep you posted on the progress...

No comments: