Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Pies

First of all - Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was rescued by another sister. This time it was Jennifer. And the occasion was Thanksgiving.

I can make a pretty good apple pie (and I have a really good story about why it's called blackbird pie) and I can make a pretty good pumpkin pie. But I just cannot make a good pecan pie. I've tried - but it always turns out as pecan soup in a pie crust, or pecan brittle in a pie crust.

Jennifer on the other hand makes the best pecan pie ever! But I was really worried that she wouldn't be able to send one down this year. She also makes wedding cakes and is making one right now for a niece that is getting married this weekend. So - my pecan pie hopes were not very high.

But imagine my surprise when it showed up last night! So "Thank You" Jennifer! That pecan pie is the icing on the cake (or maybe it's the whip cream on the pie!!!)


Yummy - pecan pie!



No comments: